2.7 C
Washington
spot_img

United suffer Osimhen transfer blow

Date:

Share:

Super Eagles forward, Victor Osimhen will not be available for a transfer to Manchester United during the January transfer window, according to Italian transfer expert and journalist Fabrizio Romano.

The 23-year-old has been in strong form for the Italian giants during the 2022/23 campaign, scoring 10 goals and registering three assists in 14 appearances across all competitions.

Meanwhile, in total, the Nigeria international has scored 38 goals and registered 12 assists for Napoli since making the move from Ligue 1 side, Lille in September 2020.

Man United are believed to view Osimhen as a leading target to replace Cristiano Ronaldo, with the Portuguese’s contract at Old Trafford being terminated.

The Red Devils are believed to have planned to keep hold of Ronaldo for the remainder of the season before bringing in Osimhen or any of their other striking targets during next summer’s transfer window.

However, the club are now said to have brought forward their plans to January, with Ronaldo leaving the club due to his recent interview with Piers Morgan on TalkTV.

Related News

Osimhen’s future has been the subject of much speculation due to his form over the last two seasons.

However, according to Romano, Man United have no chance of bringing the Nigerian to the club in the middle of the 2022/23 campaign.

“Napoli insist they won’t sell Osimhen or any other player in January. The price tag in the summer was €120m (£103.1m) and nothing happened, now they’re doing great in Serie A and Champions League so there are no plans to sell him in January at all,” Romano wrote on his column for Caught Offside.

Osimhen has scored nine goals and registered three assists in 11 Serie A appearances for Napoli this season, with the club currently sitting at the top of the table on 41 points.

Partenopei are eight points clear of second-placed AC Milan and are chasing their first Serie A title since 1990.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian managed one goal in three Champions League appearances, with the club reaching the last-16 stage of the competition, where they will take on Eintracht Frankfurt in the knockout stage.

Subscribe to our magazine

━ more like this

Hajj: Nigeria recorded zero drugs-related problems in Saudi Arabia last year – NDLEA

The Deputy Commandant of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Musa Sani Bakura, has said that Nigeria recorded zero drug-related problems during last...

Census: Correct past mistakes – Kwara NPC Commissioner, Abdulrazaq Gidado charges functionaries

The Federal Commissioner, National Population Commission, NPC, for Kwara State, Alhaji Abdulrazaq Folorunsho Gidado, has charged functionaries engaged for the population and housing census...

Buhari unveils agric institute in Nasarawa

In a bid to ensure food sufficiency in the state and Nigeria at large, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), on Saturday, unveiled...

Terrorists’ murder of 41 people jolts Katsina government

The Katsina State Government said it was shaken by the killing of 41 people by terrorists. The attack happened within the Yargoje forest under Kankara...

Election: Media only hope for common man – NSCDC

The Commandant, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Zamfara State command, Muhammad Bello Muazu, said as the date for the 2023 general election draws...
spot_img