The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Semasa was initially arraigned on April 10 on a two-count charge of of stealing and forgery. The police on Monday re-arraigned Semasa James, the prince of Kweme Land of Badagry, Lagos in an Ikeja Special Offences Court for defrauding the estate of his late father Oba Afolabi James.The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Semasa was initially arraigned on April 10 on a two-count charge of of stealing and forgery.He had denied the charges and trial had commenced with two witnesses testifying for the prosecution.However, during the day’s proceedings, Semasa was re-arraigned alongside Afolabi Kazeem, whom the Special Fraud Unit (SFU) of the Nigerian Police Force, alleges is an accomplice to the crimesIn the fresh charge, Semasa is charged with stealing, forging of company resolution, fraudulent disposing of trust property and forgery.While Kazeem and the prince are jointly charged with conspiracy to defraud and cheating.The duo, however, plead not guilty to the seven-count charge.According to Mr O. O Olabisi, the prosecutor for the SFU, the prince fraudulently converted N500million property belonging to the late king between 2000 and 2017 in Lagos.“The defendant had 2011, forged the resolution of a company called CAJ Industrial Enterprises dated Nov. 28, 2011.“He had purported that the resolution was signed by his father, who was one of the directors of the company meanwhile his father had died nine years earlier on Jan. 30, 2002.“The defendant had forged the resolution with the intent that it will be acted upon as genuine to the prejudice of any person,” he said.The prosecutor noted that Semasa had fraudulently sold a property belonging to his late father’s estate to a private individual and illegally leased another property to Ecobank Plc.“On about November 2004, with intent to defraud, Semasa converted the property located at Plot 1440, Ilesanmi St., Itire Road, Surulere belonging to the estate of his late father by selling the property to Mrs Saidat Taiwo without approval.“On about July 2005 in Lagos, he fraudulently converted the property at Plot 282 Ajose Adeogun St., Victoria Island, Lagos by leasing it to the defunct Oceanic Bank Plc now Ecobank Plc,” the prosecutor said.Olabisi also revealed Kazeem’s alleged role as an accomplice in defrauding the late king’s estate.“Sometime in 2017 in Lagos, Semasa and Kazeem fraudulently tricked and cheated the beneficiaries of the late king of N150 million which was part of the proceeds of sale of a property located at Dideolu Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos,” he said.The prosecutor noted that Semasa had also forged a purchase receipt dated Nov. 15, 2004 and an undated deed of assignment between himself, Bolarinwa James, Mrs Alakija (nee James), Hon. Justice Adebayo Adeniji and Mrs Saidat Taiwo.Semasa according to the prosecution, had purported that the receipt of payment and deed of assignment were signed by Bolarinwa James, Mrs Alakija (nee James) and Hon. Justice Adebayo Adeniji with the intent that it will be acted upon as genuine to the prejudice of other persons.The offences contravene Sections383(1), 383(2)(f), 390(9), 421,434, 465 and 467 of the Criminal Code, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.Following their plea, Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo ordered that Semasa continues his previous administrative bail.She however ordered that Kazeem be released to the custody of Mr Martin Oyigbo, his defence counsel who must ensure that he attends his trial.“I release him to your custody and you must write an undertaking to the effect that he will attend court proceedings.“The second defendant will not be allowed to leave the court premises today until the undertaking is written,” she ordered.Justice Taiwo adjourned the case until Nov. 19 for trial.
The Togolese took advantage of the absence of his boss’ wife to perpetrate his wicked act. On Wednesday, October 31, 2018, the 67-year-old boss of Credit Switch Limited, Chief Opeyemi Bademosi was stabbed to death multiple times at his home, №3B, Onikoyi Lane, Parkview Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos.Investigations immediately commenced into the death of the business mogul and Ondo State Indigene by the members of the Lagos State Police Command to ascertain the perpetrator’s status and it looks like that quest is finally over. According to Punch Metro, the prime suspect in the matter was his Togolese cook, 22-year-old Sunday Adefonou Anani who had only arrived in the mogul’s home on October 28, 2018 — three days before he perpetrated the act. He has reportedly confessed the Police that he took advantage of the mogul’s wife, Mrs. Ebunola Bademosi’s brief absence to conduct a transaction at Polaris Bank. In a statement to journalists, CSP Chike Oti, Police Public Relations Person for the Lagos State Police Command said Anani had singlehandedly perpetrated the crime of stabbing his boss multiple times with a kitchen knife while attempting to rob him.He says, “The journey that eventually ended the life of Opeyemi Bademosi, an Ondo State indigene, began in the deceased’s hometown, Ondo town.“On Thursday, October 25, 2018, when one Kofi Friday, 27, returned from Togo to Nigeria and called his compatriots, including the murder suspect, Sunday Anani, 22, to his house at the Yaba area of Ondo town, where he told Anani that he had through the assistance of a friend, Agbeko Ayenahin, helped him secure a job as a cook in a rich man’s house in the Ikoyi area of Lagos State.“The suspect was subsequently taken to the deceased’s house in Ondo State on Friday, October 26, 2018. It is important to mention that the deceased usually went home every last weekend of the month; so, on Sunday, October 28, 2018, he brought the suspect, Sunday Anani, to Lagos to start working as his cook.“On Wednesday, October 31, 2018, the suspect, who had the intention of robbing Bademosi, had observed that the late businessman’s wife, Ebunola Bademosi, had left home for a transaction at Polaris Bank, before he made his way into his room through the kitchen to the lobby, and then to the room, which was the scene of the crime.“According to the suspect, when he got to the deceased’s room and met him on the bed, he said,‘ Chief, I am not here to kill you’; the deceased asked him, ‘What do you want?’ and he replied, ‘Money’. “When the deceased said he had no money in the house, the suspect said he tied him up with a cloth and put him on the floor. He went further to say that the deceased, while still on the floor, kicked him, causing the knife he tucked inside his pants to fall off.“He added that Bademosi crawled to pick the knife, but he (Anani) was faster; that he struggled with him and the knife accidentally pierced the deceased. “He said that while exiting the room, Bademosi took the knife to stab him, so, he (Anani) kicked him and he (Bademosi) fell down. He then took the knife and stabbed him twice in the chest.”ALSO READ: Deadbeat dad publicly beats his breadwinner wife and child in Ibadan (Video)When Anani finished committing the offence, he fled to Ondo State, Nigeria by assisting one Dangote truck driver to load his truck with cement.CSP Oti has also confirmed that Anani will be charged on one count each for armed robbery and murder, “Investigation into the case revealed the following facts: that the incident occurred on Wednesday, October 31, 2018, around 08.10am; that the suspect committed the offence when the deceased’s wife, Mrs. Ebunola Bademosi, went to Polaris Bank, Falomo branch, Lagos, for a transaction.“That the suspect fled the crime scene, when he heard knocks on the kitchen door, and went to Ondo State for refuge; that the deceased’s wife entered the crime scene through the sitting room after knocking several times on the kitchen door without any response from the suspect.“That the deceased’s wife, Ebunola Bademosi, reported the incident to the police after she found her husband in a pool of blood on October 31, 2018; that the deceased, some minutes before his death, called his wife, Ebunola Bademosi, on the phone, complaining that the suspect, Sunday Anani, barged into his bedroom uninvited.“That the suspect, Sunday Anani, stabbed the deceased several times in the thoracic region; that the scene of the crime, which is the deceased’s bedroom, was scattered and stained with blood; and that after killing the deceased, the suspect stole his Samsung phone and fled to Ondo State, where he was later arrested on Friday, November 2, 2018.“That the stolen Samsung phone was recovered from the suspect upon his arrest in Ondo State; that the kitchen knife used in killing the deceased was found inside the deceased’s toilet; that the suspect’s apron found at the scene of crime was soaked in blood; that the suspect broke down in tears and confessed to the act after he was confronted with the CCTV footage.“That the suspect led the investigation team to the crime scene, demonstrating/reconstructing how he carried out the crime; that, samples recovered from the scene of the incident have been handed over to the Forensic and DNA Department of the Ministry of Justice for examination and analysis.“That the autopsy report attributed the cause of death to (a) Bilateral haemothorax (b) Laceration of the lung and intercostal vessels, and © Multiple sharp force trauma to the chest; that the other suspects, Kofi Friday, Agbeko Ayenahin, Salisu Hussein and Nura Mamudu, are not linked to the crime.“It is evident that the suspect single-handedly committed the crime by stabbing Opeyemi Bademosi to death with a kitchen knife, with intent to steal from him. To this end, the suspect (Anani) will be arraigned in court, while the other suspects, who are not linked to the crime, will be released to reliable sureties.”He also said that Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi has directed that the case file be duplicated and forwarded to the office of the Directorate of Public Prosecutions for vetting and legal advice.
The man reportedly lured the girl into his room and was reported to the Police by the victim’s mother Over the past few months, Pulse has reported multiple cases of sexual assault and defilement of underage girls and even boys. Another day and sadly, it is another defilement issue.In Safana town, Katsina State, a 65-year old man, Lawal Angala, and an accomplice, Isah Lawal, 19, have been charged to court for allegedly raping a nine-year-old girl several times.According to Punch Metro, Shamsiya Abdullahi reported the incident at the Safana Divisional Police Headquarters, Katsina. She said her daughter was lured to Angala’s house where both men defiled the young girl several times.ALSO READ: 13-yr-old girl dies after being allegedly raped by father and son in BenueBoth men have now been charged before the Katsina State Magistrate Court for rape, contrary to section 283 of the Penal Code, and have been remanded in the Katsina Prison until January 14, 2019, when their case is expected to come up for hearing.However, Police Prosecutor, Inspector Sani Ado has been granted leave of Court for an extension of time to conclude investigations into the matter.
The account has documented how the woman had been frustrated by her marriage before then. When we say ‘deadbeat dad,’ Rapper Drake and Wizkid probably come to mind as infamous examples, but a cursory look around your Nigerian environment will show receipts that there might be a deadbeat dad in every 20 homes.This time, a deadbeat dad has publicly beaten his pepper seller wife and daughter black and blue, in Ojoo, Ibadan, Oyo State. The woman is the breadwinner of the family and she had been frustrated by her marriage before this fateful morning.ALSO READ: Five ways to not be a deadbeat dadA Nigerian journalist named Adeoye witnessed the incident posted the following account of the event on her page, “This morning, I woke up to go and buy something outside from a woman that sells pepper in Ibadan, Ojoo area.”“I got there and lo and behold, I met the woman’s husband beating her blue-black even with her children crying and the firstborn, a female, was beaten by the same man. I was confused cos I don’t interfere in relationships (bf &gf) not to talk of marriage wey pikin don enter. The funny aspect is it’s this woman that pays the rent, feeds her children and pays for their school fees.“She goes to farm around 5 am, comes back around 9 am, shuffles and arranges her market, hawks and comes back 7 pm latest. Cooks for the fool that didn’t drop #10, according to her, and still beats her.“She was still complaining to me, last night, but I told her to calm down because on a norm, before now, I don’t interfere in their troubles, but this is just too much and the man was even telling the people around to go and call anybody that he is above the law. lol, funny fool.“I’m just confused and please is this marriage thing by force? Since she’s the one feeding the children and paying rents, what’s the need of dying untimely? God, please help this generation.“For people that said why didn’t yet separate them, mind you, we did. The stupid guy even pushed a very old woman to the floor.”Watch the video posted on Instablog9ja on Sunday, November 11, 2018, here; Stop being a deadbeat father.
The man had been living his best life, changing women in a hotel room before he passed away. A 65-year-old man, Obi Nwoda has died in an Awka, Anambra State hotel room while having sex with his 34-year old lover, Ifeanyi Ayinka. The sad event occurred on Sunday, November 11, 2018, two days after the man reportedly lodged in the hotel. Through those days, he reportedly ran through different girls to his sexual satisfaction.Linda Ikeji’s Blog reports that “The man had been here for two days with different girls visiting him before the unfortunate incident took place. We suspect that he was a businessman.”Police spokesperson, Haruna Muhammed has said, “There was a report by the management of the hotel in Agu, Awka at the ‘B’ Division that on the same date at about 5pm, one Ifeoma Ayinka, 34 years old of Agu Ukwu in Anaocha LGA, who came to lodge in the hotel with one Obi Nwoda ‘M’ aged 65 years of the same address, was leaving the hotel premises without the said man and when confronted and taken back to the hotel room, they discovered that the man was lying on the bed unconscious.“Upon receipt of the complaint, the scene was visited by police patrol team attached to ‘B’ Division led by the DPO, Odion Ekeinde, and the victim was rushed to the Apex Hospital, Awka, where he was confirmed dead on arrival. The woman alleged that the victim collapsed while making love to her. She was subsequently arrested and the case is under investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.”ALSO READ: Is this bank billboard ad throwing shade?The man’s body has since been deposited in a morgue.
The suspect is accused of claiming a share of a relief fund reserved for those persons who A Nigerian man Olanrewaju A. Beyioku has reportedly been arraigned at a US court due to an allegation linking him with defrauding the American Red Cross.According to reports the accused appeared at the court of law following a charge relating to fraud. The 38-year-old allegedly claimed to be one of the victims who were affected by Hurricane Harvey last year.ALSO READ: 2 Nigerians studying abroad charged with criminal conspiracy after alleged scam of N13mHe is accused of stealing $3,600 using Federal Disaster Relief vouchers provided by the Red Cross in October. The loss, according to reports is placed at a sum of $1.3 million. Beyioku reportedly got access to the funds by applying for reference codes.He does this with the help of an accomplice according to many reports.