2.7 C
Washington
spot_img

Ronaldo banned, fined £50k over phone incident

Date:

Share:

Former Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has been banned for two domestic matches for knocking a phone out of an Everton fan’s hand.

The 37-year-old appeared to hit the phone as he went down to the tunnel after defeat at Goodison Park in April.

Ronaldo, who left United by mutual consent on Tuesday after criticising manager Erik ten Hag, was also fined £50,000 by the Football Association.

He is set to captain Portugal in their opening Group H game against Ghana on Thursday.

Ronaldo will serve the ban at domestic level with any new club – in England or abroad – although it does not apply at continental club level, such as the Champions League.

Related News

An independent FA hearing found him guilty of improper and violent conduct.

He was cautioned by police in August and apologised to the young fan immediately after the incident.

The FA said Ronaldo admitted the improper conduct charge but not violent conduct.

The end of his second spell at Old Trafford followed a controversial interview in which he criticised United and said he had “no respect” for Ten Hag.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Contact: [email protected]

Subscribe to our magazine

━ more like this

Hajj: Nigeria recorded zero drugs-related problems in Saudi Arabia last year – NDLEA

The Deputy Commandant of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Musa Sani Bakura, has said that Nigeria recorded zero drug-related problems during last...

Census: Correct past mistakes – Kwara NPC Commissioner, Abdulrazaq Gidado charges functionaries

The Federal Commissioner, National Population Commission, NPC, for Kwara State, Alhaji Abdulrazaq Folorunsho Gidado, has charged functionaries engaged for the population and housing census...

Buhari unveils agric institute in Nasarawa

In a bid to ensure food sufficiency in the state and Nigeria at large, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), on Saturday, unveiled...

Terrorists’ murder of 41 people jolts Katsina government

The Katsina State Government said it was shaken by the killing of 41 people by terrorists. The attack happened within the Yargoje forest under Kankara...

Election: Media only hope for common man – NSCDC

The Commandant, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Zamfara State command, Muhammad Bello Muazu, said as the date for the 2023 general election draws...
spot_img