2.7 C
Washington
spot_img

Probe of Kuje Prison attack won’t be made public – Aregbesola

Date:

Share:

The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, has stated that the investigation into the attack on the Kuje Correctional Centre would not be made public.

The minister, who stated this in Abuja on Tuesday during the fourth edition of the federal government’s scorecard series, noted that the investigation had been concluded.

Recall that gunmen had in July attacked the prison facility, leading to the escape of hundreds of inmates, including Boko Haram suspects.

Giving an update on the probe into the attack, Aregbesola explained that the outcome of the investigation would not be made public because it is a “security document”.

Aregbesola further explained how President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration had made significant strides in the fight against insurgency.

“The insurgents in 2015 were holding territories in some local government areas in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states.

“But as we speak, they have been dislodged. Although there are challenges here and there, there is no nation without challenges.”

Subscribe to our magazine

━ more like this

Hajj: Nigeria recorded zero drugs-related problems in Saudi Arabia last year – NDLEA

The Deputy Commandant of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Musa Sani Bakura, has said that Nigeria recorded zero drug-related problems during last...

Census: Correct past mistakes – Kwara NPC Commissioner, Abdulrazaq Gidado charges functionaries

The Federal Commissioner, National Population Commission, NPC, for Kwara State, Alhaji Abdulrazaq Folorunsho Gidado, has charged functionaries engaged for the population and housing census...

Buhari unveils agric institute in Nasarawa

In a bid to ensure food sufficiency in the state and Nigeria at large, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), on Saturday, unveiled...

Terrorists’ murder of 41 people jolts Katsina government

The Katsina State Government said it was shaken by the killing of 41 people by terrorists. The attack happened within the Yargoje forest under Kankara...

Election: Media only hope for common man – NSCDC

The Commandant, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Zamfara State command, Muhammad Bello Muazu, said as the date for the 2023 general election draws...
spot_img