Libyans check the site of an air strike in which three children were killed and others wounded on the southern outskirts of the capital Tripoli on October 14, 2019./AFP
 
At least three children were killed and eight civilians wounded Monday in an airstrike on a residential neighbourhood near the Libyan capital, the health ministry said.
Spokesman Lamine al-Hachemi said another child was seriously wounded and the parents of the dead children were also injured in the airstrike that hit their home in Al-Fernaj, a suburb southeast of Tripoli.
Five other civilians were wounded in the attack.
Libya’s UN-recognised Government of National Accord (GNA) accused forces of strongman Khalifa Haftar of launching the “criminal” airstrike.
“This criminal act carried out by the aircraft of the war criminal (Haftar), is the latest in a series of attacks that have targeted airports, public and private buildings and… terrorised civilians,” it said on Facebook.
Ahmad al-Mismari, the spokesman for pro-Haftar forces who control eastern Libya, said an airstrike was carried out against “a camp of the intelligence services in Al-Fernaj” but he denied that a house or civilians were targeted.
Haftar launched an offensive to capture Tripoli, seat of the GNA, in April but since then frontlines have barely shifted.
The GNA urged the international community to take a “firm and dissuasive position” against Haftar and called on the UN mission in Libya to step in and protect civilians in line with international resolutions.

…..Read directly from source